Our mission is to build a pipeline of skilled manufacturing workforce by inspiring, preparing and supporting the next generation of manufacturing engineers and technologists. By making a gift today or remembering us in your overall estate or financial plans, you will help ensure that our mission continues. You can plan a gift to benefit us today or after your lifetime, and often there are tax benefits for you.
If you have a family member or friend whose life has been touched by SME Education Foundation, we hope you'll consider making a gift to us in honor of that person. Providing a gift establishes a living tribute that allows you to honor a loved one or yourself and support our continuing efforts.
Discover your options for what to give and the various ways to give.
Most Common Ways to Give:
- Direct Financial Support - When you make a gift by credit card or check to SME Education Foundation, we both benefit! Your generosity enables us to meet our most urgent needs and carry out our mission on a daily basis. Your benefits include:
- The ability to choose how your gift is used.
- The opportunity to see the results of your generosity.
- An immediate charitable deduction on your federal income taxes, when you itemize.
- Gifts in Your Will or Trust - Perhaps you've thought about including SME Education Foundation in your will or trust because we have been an important part of your life. Although you can carry out this good intention in many ways, the easiest method is through a gift in your will or trust, called a bequest.
- Endowed Gifts: When you make an endowed gift, your contribution is invested with and becomes part of our endowment. An annual distribution of earnings is made for the purpose you designate. Because the principal remains intact, the fund will generate support in perpetuity. Here are our guidelines to establishing a named endowed scholarship fund. You can give cash, securities or other assets to an endowment you create.
- Gifts of Retirement Plan Assets: Want to get the most value from your nest egg, protect your heirs from heavy taxes and make your mark at our organization? Consider leaving a portion of your retirement plan assets to the SME Education Foundation.
Income taxes can be eliminated or reduced through a carefully planned charitable gift to the SME Education Foundation. Consider these gift options:
- Designate SME Education Foundation as the primary beneficiary for a percentage (1 to 100 percent) of your retirement plan assets.
- Designate a specific amount to be paid to the Foundation before the remainder is divided among family beneficiaries.
- Make the Foundation a contingent beneficiary to receive the balance only if your loved one, as primary beneficiary, doesn't survive you.
- Gifts of Life Insurance: Life insurance is an asset you may not think of donating to the SME Education Foundation until you hear how powerful, practical and simple it can be. When the original purpose for the protection no longer applies—such as to educate children now grown or to provide financial security for a spouse now deceased—your life insurance can be redirected to help support a worthwhile cause. One option is simply to name the SME Education Foundation as the primary beneficiary.