Partnership Response In Manufacturing Education (PRIME)Selects Six New High Schools for the Manufacturing Education Program
SME and the SME Education Foundation’s PRIME initiative actively engages and builds a collaborative network between manufacturing students, educators and industry to grow and train the next generation workforce while driving interest and awareness in manufacturing.
Established in 2011 with six schools, PRIME has received numerous industry recognitions as a leader in the support of manufacturing education. The initiative builds on a five-year, $5.2 million investment in the Foundation’s STEM-based workforce development program.
- Established in 2011 with 6 schools in 6 states
- Currently there are 32 schools in 21 states
- 70 percent of graduating PRIME seniors pursue postsecondary manufacturing education or directly enter the workforce
- 100 PRIME students have received $303,000 in SME Education Foundation scholarships
- PRIME schools have received a total of $1,110,000 in funding to:
- Update advanced manufacturing equipment and software
- Fund student competitions and extra-curricular activities
- Support professional development
- Establish Gateway Academy summer camps
- Recognized by the Great Lakes Manufacturing Council with the 2014 Manufacturing Leadership Award
PRIME School Locations
The health and vitality of U.S. manufacturing depends on the strength and talent of its workforce. The mission of SME Education Foundation is to inspire, prepare and support the next generation of manufacturers to ensure a brighter future for all of us – but we cannot do it alone.
How does a school benefit from PRIME? To ensure the success of each PRIME school, the SME Education Foundation provides the following assistance:
- Funding to update equipment, software and/or professional development for staff
- Funding to host a STEM-focused youth camp
- Scholarship opportunities for students
- Connections within the local manufacturing community to encourage opportunities for mentorships, facility tours and job shadows
- Promotion of school’s participation in PRIME to local and industry media
- Recognition on smeef.org and social media
- PRIME school banner for visual community recognition
Partner with us and be part of the solution!
Contact Josh Cramer at 313.717.2268 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how.