The SME Education Foundation Family Scholarships are awarded annually to students who meet the criteria below. Four students will be selected, one student will receive a $40,000 scholarship payable over four years. The remaining three students will each receive $20,000 scholarships payable over four years.
- Must have at least one parent or grandparent who has been an SME member in good standing for the last two years. This includes step-mothers and step-fathers.
- Pursuing a degree in manufacturing engineering, manufacturing engineering technology, or a closely related engineering field of study at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
- Graduating High School senior or undergraduate student with up to 30 credit hours completed.
- Must enroll full-time at the college or university of choice.
- Overall High School GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum SAT score of 1000 and/or ACT score of 21
- Must reside within the United States or Canada
- Demonstrate academic excellence and an interest in manufacturing engineering or related technology
- Must comply with all eligibility requirements and maintain a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Submit Intent to Renew Form and copies of the previous year’s transcripts to the Foundation prior to the start of the next academic year.
- SME Education Foundation Family Scholarship
- Scholarships for Graduating High School Students
- Scholarships for Current Undergraduate Students
- Scholarships for Graduate Students
- Administer Scholarships for Corporations
- Previous Winners
- Quick Tips to Apply for Scholarships
- Complete the Registration Form
- Contact the Scholarship Team