Chapter 1 - Detroit Associate Scholarship
- Graduating high school senior or an undergraduate student enrolled in a manufacturing engineering, manufacturing engineering technology or closely related degree at one of the following sponsored institutions:
- Wayne State University, Student Chapter S004
- Lawrence Technological University, Student Chapter S011
- University of Detroit-Mercy, Student Chapter S081
- Focus: Hope, Center for Advanced Technologies, Student Chapter S279
- Henry Ford Community College, Student Chapter S331
- Macomb Community College, Student Chapter S071
- University of Michigan - Dearborn, Student Chapter S326
- Preference will be given to a member in good standing of their respective SME Student Chapter or SME-Detroit Chapter One - The Founding Chapter.
- Preference will be given to applicants involved in SME Student Chapter activities at their respective institution.
- Full or part-time student.
- Must possess an overall minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must demonstrate good character and leadership.
- Need is not a consideration in awarding scholarships except when two or more applicants have equal qualifications.