The Joseph F. Novek Outstanding Student Leader Award recognizes the graduating college senior who best exeplifies the qualities that Mr. Novek both valued in others and exemplified in himself: leadership, service, preseverance and entrepeneurship.This award seeks to reward students for their academic and professional accomplishments as they enter the manufacturing workforce.
- Must be at senior class level and expect to graduate during the current academic year.
- Must have studied manufacturing engineering, technology or a closely related field.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must demonstrate leadership capabilities and a prior work history (professional employment, student internship, co-op employment or volunteer service to the community).
- Must be a member of an SME student chapter.
- Applications require a letter of recommendation from the SME student chapter faculty advisor. Topics to be included in the letter are: leadership, service, perseverance, entrepreneurship, prior work experience (professional employment, student internship, co-op employment) and volunteer service to the community.
- Recipient will receive a cash prize