Robert L. Vaughn Endowment
Awards from this Fund are intended to support the advancement of manufacturing related education at Iowa State University of Science & Technology, Ames, Iowa.
Faculty may apply annually to the SME Education Foundation for awards in any of the following areas:
- As a scholarship or fellowship to a graduating high school senior, or current university student pursuing a degree in a manufacturing related discipline, or closely related field of study.
- If a scholarship or fellowship is awarded, the funds will be paid to the institution in the form of a credit account to pay for tuition, books, or housing.
- As a grant for "Student Outreach" programs to attract more students into careers in manufcturing and engineering. Programs such as summer camps, industry tours and mentoring programs are eligible.
- As a grant to support the purchase of manufacturing related equipment. Such equipment must have a retail value of at least $500 per item.
- A grant to help develop new curriculum which improves manufacturing related education at Iowa State University.