The Joseph F. Novek Outstanding Student Leader Award recognizes the graduating college senior who best exemplifies the qualities that Mr. Novek both valued in others and exemplified in himself, which were leadership, service, perseverance and entrepreneurship. This award seeks to reward students for their academic and professional accomplishments as they enter the manufacturing workforce.
- Must be at senior class level and expect to graduate during the current academic year.
- Must have studied manufacturing engineering, technology or a closely related field.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must demonstrate leadership capabilities and a prior work history (professional employment, student internship, co-op employment or volunteer service to the community).
- Must be a member of an SME student chapter.
- Applications require a letter of recommendation from the SME student chapter faculty advisor. Topics to be included in the letter are: leadership, service, perseverance, entrepreneurship, prior work experience (professional employment, student internship, co-op employment) and volunteer service to the community.
- Recipient will receive a cash prize