The SME Education Foundation proudly offers two scholarships exclusively for SME Members – including their children and grandchildren – to support their pursuit of two-year, four-year or graduate degrees in manufacturing or engineering.
SME Family Scholarship
The SME Family Scholarship supports children or grandchildren of SME members attending two-year, four-year or graduate schools with this exclusive scholarship to support their pursuit of careers in manufacturing and engineering.
- Applicants must have at least one parent or grandparent who has been an SME member in good standing for the last two years -- includes step-mothers and step-fathers.
- Applicants may be either graduating high school seniors or undergraduate students with up to 30 credit hours completed.
- Applicants must pursue a degree in manufacturing engineering, manufacturing engineering technology, or a closely related engineering field of study at an accredited college or university the United States or Canada.
- Applicants must enroll full-time at the college or university of his or her choice.
- Applicants must have a high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must have a minimum SAT score of 1000 and/or ACT score of 21.
- Applicants must reside within the United States or Canada.
SME Directors Scholarship
The SME Directors Scholarship Fund supports college students at two-year, four-year or graduate schools that hold membership in an SME Professional or Student chapter with an exclusive scholarship.
- Scholarship applicants must be full-time undergraduate students enrolled in a manufacturing degree or closely related field in the United States or Canada.
- Preference will be given to students who demonstrate leadership skills in a community, academic, or professional environment.
- Scholarship applicants must have completed a minimum of 30 college credit hours and be seeking a career in manufacturing.
- Scholarship applicants must possess an overall minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Students must be a current member of an SME Professional or Student chapter.