The SME Education Foundation annually awards millions of dollars in scholarships to graduating high school seniors, undergraduates and graduate students pursuing two-year, four-year or advanced degrees in manufacturing or engineering.
Future Leaders of Manufacturing Scholarship
- Must be assigned with an SME Student Chapter to be eligible for the Future Leaders Scholarship
- Must be enrolled a manufacturing engineering, engineering technology, industrial technology, technical or related engineering major at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
- Must be enrolled on a full time (12 credit) basis during the academic year.
Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible.
- Letter of recommendation is required from applicant’s SME Student Chapter Advisor.
The Joseph F. Novek Outstanding Student Leader Award
- Must be assigned with an SME Student Chapter to be eligible.
- Must be at senior class level and expect to graduate during the current academic year.
- Must have studied manufacturing engineering, technology or a closely related field.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must demonstrate leadership capabilities and a prior work history (professional employment, student internship, co-op employment or volunteer service to the community).